FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Giardina
DVD Studio Pro
on Jan 10, 2011 at 5:47:33 pm

Hi Everyone...

I'm using templates in DVD Studio Pro, none of which are 16:9. Changing the 4:3 templates to 16:9 only stretches them, and I'm getting bitmapped looking menu text too. They look horrible!

I guess I should make my own in Photoshop, but in the mean time I'm stuck using what I have.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Frank Giardina
17 Video Production

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD Studio Pro
on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:47:51 pm

There is a DVDSP forum.

Your are correct, your choices are. live with crap or make your own. There is not much else to say.

Return to posts index

Frank Giardina
Re: DVD Studio Pro
on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:58:33 pm

Thanks Michael.... I had a felling I would get that answer. I don't get it at all. Why not give us a tool we can work with?

Thanks Again and Happy New Year!!

Frank Giardina
17 Video Production

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
viewer
on Jan 10, 2011 at 7:27:42 pm

Why did I think your first post was in the FCP forum, there goes my mind again. (CRAP, it is in the FCP forum, I have totally lost my mind!)

Well problem with DVDSP is that it floats between an amateur and professional tool set. The in-house menus are for amateurs (not saying a person is not a professional if they use them, but most professional will not) Quality really sucks with them and I would not use them for any other than a quick screener copy. When authoring a real DVD I would always build it in PS or Motion, for me it is normally quicker and a lot less frustrating.

Also it needs to be understood that DVDSP is a dead program when it comes to being worked on. It is still and active app but it has not seen any real improvement since FCP5 days. If fact most of us just what some of the useless features removed (HD DVD is on the top of that list). I doesn't see this changing in the up coming version of FCS. So best thing to do is to use the out side apps and in the end it will look a lot better and your life will be less stressful.

Return to posts index

Frank Giardina
Re: viewer
on Jan 10, 2011 at 7:48:26 pm

I hear and appreciate everything you just said Michael. Thanks for your advice and direction! Sometimes wearing so many hats makes my head spin!

Frank Giardina
17 Video Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]