FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut - exporting sequence issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cláudio Ferraz
Final Cut - exporting sequence issue
on Jan 5, 2011 at 10:50:05 am

Hy everyone,

I´m new in Final Cut, and i´m trying to create a sequence, but i have one problem for now:\. I capture my footages from my miniDV cam to Final Cut, no problem with that, I drag and drop my clips to time line, and then when i go to export it do .avi (setting up the options to do that),but when the export finish the final result just export me the first clip of my sequence in timeline. Why´s that?

Someone can help me?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Anthony Bari Jr.
Re: Final Cut - exporting sequence issue
on Jan 5, 2011 at 2:52:31 pm

Do you want to export in AVI? if so you will need flipformac, the full version is not included in FCP
Also, what version of FCP are you on?

In the browser window(top right) right click on the Sequence icon you want exported choose> export>using qt conversion. Then choose the compression you desire.

Check your sequence settings, Opt+Q while your in the current timeline you want exported.
make to compression is set to DV.

hope that helps.

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

Cláudio Ferraz
on Jan 5, 2011 at 3:06:07 pm

Hy,

Thanks for your help.

Yes I want to export in avi(do you know any format better then that to minidv clips?im new on this). I can do that..but i just can get the 1º clip of the all timeline, the 1º clip in avi. When I export the all clips...the sequence...just the 1º clip its exported:\. That´s my problem.

"In the browser window(top right) right click on the Sequence icon you want exported choose> export>using qt conversion. Then choose the compression you desire."

I did that yesterday and the result was the same...just the 1º clip of the entire timeline was exported.

I think im in troubles right?lol.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 5, 2011 at 6:25:56 pm

[Cláudio Ferraz] "Yes I want to export in avi"

[Cláudio Ferraz] "but i just can get the 1º clip of the all timeline, the 1º clip in avi"

FCP itself does NOT support avi anything. Editing or exporting.

To convert to avi you need a plugin called flip4mac. Im betting that you have the free version already installed because your computer is letting you try and export as avi.

The free version limits how much you can export.

You need to purchase the full version of flip4mac.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Cláudio Ferraz
on Jan 5, 2011 at 3:08:59 pm

oh..and im using Final Cut Studio 7.

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Jan 5, 2011 at 6:31:28 pm

Unless I'm missing something, you should be able to export to AVI by using Compressor and choosing 'QuickTime components' from the video pulldown menu, then choose AVI.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 5, 2011 at 6:35:12 pm

[Todd Gillespie] "Unless I'm missing something, you should be able to export to AVI by using Compressor and choosing 'QuickTime components' from the video pulldown menu, then choose AVI."

NOT natively. AVIs are not supported at all on mac without a 3rd party plug in. If you buy a mac and only install FCP you would not be able to do anything with a AVI file. Not even play it. To even play them you need a 3rd party plugin.

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Jan 5, 2011 at 6:45:57 pm

Hi Zane,
Ah, now I see the rub.
Yes, I was referring to exporting ONLY. I guess I assumed that he's be going over to a PC for the AVI, otherwise what's the point of the AVI? :)

Cheers,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Cláudio Ferraz
on Jan 6, 2011 at 9:48:02 am

Hy guys! thanks for your attention. I´m working in Imac 27", and I use .Avi because its what i know better, because I was using Pc´s. Im new on Mac´s. Maybe you can helpme with that too.... why not .avi? any format are better then that? On pc´s i had bad results with .mov por exemple, less quality image.

About my issue...maybe Todd is right! I remember, when i bought my Mac, that i downloaded a version of flip4mac to watch .avi movie...maybe i downloaded the trial version as you said. I guess I have to install a full version of it, because i tried to export into quicktime and the result was the expected, export all of my clips, and i repeat the process again but using the convert, and the result was bad again...just the 1º clip exported:\. I´ll try to find a way to install the full version of flip4mac and then i will post here the results of that.

If you can help me with that format thing..i aprecciate that. Cause I just use.Avi because its what i know better...but if you think that there´s no diferent between .avi and other format...or another better format than .avi for minidv cameras, please let me know. Has I said..i´m new on this.

Thanks to all

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Jan 6, 2011 at 5:18:07 pm

Hi Cláudio,

I think you are on the right track. Once you have the full version of Flip4Mac, you should have what you need.
What I don't understand is why you need AVI files in the first place? Unless you need to EDIT on a PC, I can't think of a reason to export out to AVI. You can export to just about any codec and flavor you need from FCP, so it would be good to know exactly what you're trying to do with the video.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 7, 2011 at 6:31:14 am

[Cláudio Ferraz] "I´m working in Imac 27", and I use .Avi because its what i know better, because I was using Pc´s"

Well I believe its time for you to learn more then AVI's

To better help you know the best way to export your video we need to know what you plan on doing with the video.

Are you making a DVD, going to the web, butting it on a iPad? Where is the video going?

Return to posts index

Cláudio Ferraz
on Jan 7, 2011 at 1:44:35 pm

Hy,,once again...thanks for all suport.

Starting from beggining...i´m new on this..as i said...and i was using windows moviemaker to capture my videos of my minidv cam to PC...and i saw that if i export it on .avi the quality was better then the other format available(mpeg2.mov,wmv,etc etc etc),dont know if allways happens that but it what I got, so ..because that i´m using .avi since then.

Now i just capture my footages to finalcut using .avi too...and now what i´m trying to do its to create some montage, transactions,efects,etc etc etc, on FCP, and export it in the end to an .avi format , because what i said before, but just to watch wiht the better quality possible...to use the best quality of my camera transfering to FCP.

I hope you understand me.

If uou can help me about that format thing..i´ll thank you.

To export my footages to FCT with the better quality possible of the cam, what format i should use? And what format i should use to export my final sequence? not to website and stuff like that...just to watch and maybe later transfer to DVD.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards

Return to posts index

Cláudio Ferraz
on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:42:36 pm

Hy,

I think I got sucesse in here. I tried to do the same thing that I have done to export my project to .avi, but now i tried to export to quicktime movie, using the compreessor too...and the final result was the all project exported...with the same quality that ,avi had.

So... I guess that avi, mov, mpg and all that stuff are just "packages" right? The important its the "interior" of the file, the dv-pal, hd, and the other options that we can choose.

Am I wrong?

Someone can help me on thins?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]