FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut install

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
emilio D'Aleo
final cut install
on Jan 4, 2011 at 3:38:06 pm

hi..

I recently bought a mac book pro 15'' and I transfered the datas from another machine (imac 27"), including the final cut application.. When I start the final cut from the mac book pro, a window pops up saying "Unable to locate the following external device: Digital Cinema Desktop Preview-main. Your system configuration may have changed, or your deck/camera may be disconnected or turned off. Please check your connection and click check again, or click continue to set external device selection to none".. When I click continue final cuts crashes down.. does this depend on the differences between the two machines or is it the Final Cut itself? How can i fix the problem?
Thank you..

Return to posts index

Anthony Bari Jr.
Re: final cut install
on Jan 4, 2011 at 4:07:55 pm

do all updates OS and FCP, QT and Pro Apps.

post a screenshot. before you go trashing the prefs file.

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: final cut install
on Jan 4, 2011 at 6:00:24 pm

[emilio D'Aleo] "I recently bought a mac book pro 15'' and I transfered the datas from another machine (imac 27"),"

Pro Apps like Final Cut Studio do NOT migrate will. because they put some things into the system files and migrations just move user data and the contents of the apps folder but not system files.

Use FCP remover to remove the Final Cut Studio from the machine and then install fresh from the install disks.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]