FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect Ratio Problem, Stretched Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romeo Rubio
Aspect Ratio Problem, Stretched Footage
on Jan 1, 2011 at 5:16:16 am

An individual gave me some footage to edit. All of it appears stretched when opened up in quicktime and Final Cut's Canvas.

This is what it looks like.

This is the item's properties.

I've tried many sequence setting and export setting combinations. The image still comes out stretched. I was able to get what appears to be the correct aspect ratio with these sequence settings and export settings BUT the image is letterboxed on all sides.

For comparative purposes, here is the stretched footage again.

I want be able to edit in the correct aspect ratio and more importantly export in the correct, non-stretched, aspect ratio. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Aspect Ratio Problem, Stretched Footage
on Jan 1, 2011 at 7:29:43 am

most likely that is 4:3 letterboxed footage and not anamorphic

Return to posts index

Romeo Rubio
on Jan 1, 2011 at 3:44:35 pm

It's strange, when the footage is dropped into the final cut browser it is automatically read as anamorphic. If I unclick anamorphic in the specific item's settings prior to dropping onto the sequence the issue is resolved. Thanks for the response Michael.

Return to posts index

Holger Hessinger
on Jan 4, 2011 at 5:24:27 pm

Hi Romeo,
I agree with Michael, the footage looks like 16/9 letterbox misinterpreted as anamorphic.
You can shift-select all items which are affected in the browser and right click in the anamorphic tab to get rid of the misinterpretation.
Just make sure your sequence is also non anamorphic 4/3 aspectratio.

Holger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]