FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nesting single sequence in multiple projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Grossman
Nesting single sequence in multiple projects
on Dec 29, 2010 at 9:46:10 pm

I am a former Vegas user that has recently started working with FCP. I am producing a local TV show and have a workflow question about FCP. In Vegas, I would save the show's intro, commercial breaks and credits as seperate Vegas projects and nest them in each week's episode. That way, if I had to replace a commercial, etc., it would make the change in all of my episodes. How do I do this in FCP? Can you nest projects in FCP? and is that the best route?

Any advice to a FCP newbie would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Brian

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
Re: Nesting single sequence in multiple projects
on Dec 29, 2010 at 11:49:55 pm

Making commercials for a client with locations in various states, I do this all the time since we need to add various endings.

Just make sure you have your work in its own sequence, then make a new sequence and drag the sequences into you new sequence. Just make sure to set the in and out points in each sequence...

You will need to re-render audio most likely... at least some parts of it. and make sure you render your final mix down too.

C.R.

Return to posts index

Anthony Bari Jr.
Re: Nesting single sequence in multiple projects
on Jan 4, 2011 at 2:09:34 am

If you simply drag a sequence icon into the timeline and thats one way or select all then Opt+C
you will see a dialog box with settings from there.

Nests can lead to rendering, just make sure to try and not stretch the clips out to a different frame size than the original.

Also, if you Opt+click on a sequence you can open it in the viewer like its a single clip.

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]