FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any advanced codec reccomendations for DV NTSC output for web upload?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
Any advanced codec reccomendations for DV NTSC output for web upload?
on Dec 22, 2010 at 6:57:53 pm

I am not doing my podcasts on Blip TV. I have decided to put up a DV NTSC (default export), .m4v and of course an .mp3. I was just putting up the .m4v and finding that when blip submits to other sites, I have that quality. Blip will also send to TV content streaming sites upon approval.

Anyway, a 2-3 minute pod in DV is about a 1/2 GB and takes an hour to upload. I am also afraid that I may eventually cap out my upload space.

Is there another .264 codec that I have missed (I have searched for a few) that compresses DV to a smaller file with good compresson and lossless video? I really want to stay away from using an .avi file.

If I can knock down the file size, my uploads will be faster. I would think you guys have run into this and have more experience than me.

Thanks in advance.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
Re: Any advanced codec reccomendations for DV NTSC output for web upload?
on Dec 28, 2010 at 9:43:05 pm

Why don't you use the specifications on Blip's site?

http://blip.tv/learning/export/

Return to posts index

Nelson May
Re: Any advanced codec reccomendations for DV NTSC output for web upload?
on Dec 28, 2010 at 10:17:06 pm

Thanks, I did eventually find it on blips site. I used MPEG Streamclip, but I was worried about compressing too much and having a blurry file. I just wanted to get some advice from here.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]