FORUMS: list search recent posts

beeping audio in FCE - how to fix?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sally Gifford
beeping audio in FCE - how to fix?
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:44:57 pm

Hi Creative Cow people!

I'm working on a FCE video project. For that project, I created a Skype interview using Snapz ProX. The movie saved as a quicktime movie and the audio was fine.

Then, I imported the movie into Final Cut Express 4.0.1. I am using a Mac OS X 10.5.8.

When I created a Final Cut Express "Sequence" and dragged the imported footage into the sequence, the video plays, but the only audio is a beep - beep - beeping sound.

I just checked for audio waveforms in the file, and there are none, so there's no "hidden" audio.

I have reviewed several message boards. One says "render the file and the beeps will stop". I do that, and the beeps are still there.

Other times, I try to open the file and I get a "General Error" note.

Another message board said I had saved the QT file using a Codec that does not match the codec of the Final Cut Express project. As it turns out, the FCE project is saved using "Apple Intermediate Codec. The QT file from Snapz Pro is saved as H.264. The Snapz Pro file also has only mono audio, 22050 Hz and 32 bit floating, whatever that means. Anyway, this message board said, to make the codecs match, use the software MPEG Streamclip to convert the QT file to Apple Intermediate Codec. All the other footage in the FCE project use Apple Intermediate Codec, Pixel aspect HD 1440 x 1080, and they sound fine.

So I tried converting the codec via MPEG Streamclip and it didn't work.

What am I doing wrong? Can I send you the file and have you fix it?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: beeping audio in FCE - how to fix?
on Dec 15, 2010 at 6:33:02 pm

The audio needs to be AIFF uncompressed 48k.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Sally Gifford
Re: beeping audio in FCE - how to fix?
on Dec 15, 2010 at 8:31:29 pm

Hey folks,

I found a workaround solution.

I imported the QT video into iMovie, saved it in iMovie, then imported it into FCE. Now I have the audio.

There we are. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]