FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color correction better way?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kallan Treadwell
Color correction better way?
on Dec 10, 2010 at 2:11:44 pm

hi there i have recently filmed a project for university.

each scene in my film are set in different colors in post. the scenes are properly lit and should be a breeze to correct.

i have started to use 3 way color correction for changing the lighting in the shots. but this is starting to take a long time having to key each shot.

is there a faster / more simple way to change these?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Color correction better way?
on Dec 11, 2010 at 12:53:37 am

You will never find anyone stating that CC is an easy and fast process, if you want it to be done right.

But your post is not that clear, are you doing "KEYING" which is used to knock out a color and replace it with other video or a still, such as when you shoot with a green screen, or are you talking about tinting each scene to a different color.

If tinting, and each cut is exposure the same and is white balanced the same you can make the CC and tinting to one clip and then drag it down to all the others within the scene, this gives you a starting point and then you can fine tune each clip.

Return to posts index

Kallan Treadwell
on Dec 11, 2010 at 2:08:21 am

hey

ye its tinting but I need the colour to change half way though a shot so will have to do some but hey ho nearly half way though now. thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 11, 2010 at 4:30:07 am

To change midway through a shot you just have to add two keyfames. the in between will be the ramp of the color change.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]