FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to see footage - XDCAM HD422

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Khimberly Marshall
Unable to see footage - XDCAM HD422
on Dec 7, 2010 at 5:34:29 am

Hi...I was given some footage shot on Sony EX1. Have FCP 6 Academic only. I can not see the footage...just get a white screen. Is there a way I can download a complete codec with out the FCP upgrade? Any info would be great! Film student and a bit confused:(

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Unable to see footage - XDCAM HD422
on Dec 7, 2010 at 4:25:16 pm

Hi Khimberly,
You need, at lest, FC 6.0.2 to work with any XDCAM stuff.
This will let you to work with EX QT (.mov) files.
If you are getting the footage on the SxS card structure (MP4), you will need some adicional software.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 7, 2010 at 7:29:56 pm

What codec are they? I'm guessing they aren't in the XDCAM codec, but in one of the ProRes codecs native to FCP 7...like ProRes 4444, or LT.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Dec 8, 2010 at 11:58:46 am

Khimberly

As per the thread title, the problem clips are XDCAM HD 422, yet you go on to state in your post that the footage was shot on an EX1 (which does not support shooting to that format). All very confusing. As Rafa notes, XDCAM EX codec support was added in FCP 6.0.2, and XDCAM HD422 codec support was added to FCP in version 6.0.3 ... either way, if you are running FCP 6 then you need only connect your system to the internet and run the OS X software update app (second item under the Apple menu) and that should bring you all the way up to FCP 6.0.6 ... and those clips should then be viewable / editable.

Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]