FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy/pasting STP reduce noise filter inside FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Albert
Copy/pasting STP reduce noise filter inside FCP?
on Dec 4, 2010 at 10:23:41 pm

Hi guys,

Have been told it's possible to copy/paste the Soundtrack Pro noise reduction filter from inside FCP. ie apply it to one clip in STP, then copy/paste attributes so to speak on the fcp time line.

I need to take out some floor noise hiss after using a Rode stereo video mic and a Canon 5D. Quicker than exporting 40 min sequences to STP.

Anyone know how to do it or if it's possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Copy/pasting STP reduce noise filter inside FCP?
on Dec 5, 2010 at 7:40:00 pm

No, I think you were eilther given the wrong info or you misunderstood. You can save a customized setting in STP and apply that to additional clips in STP later.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Chris Albert
on Dec 6, 2010 at 1:07:29 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It's just I'm having problems sending the STP project back to FCP. I keep getting an error that "FCP cannot read the .xml format" etc etc

The tracks are exported back from STP to files however, but they also seem to be 4-5 frames out of sync when dragged back onto the timeline.

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Dec 6, 2010 at 4:53:44 pm

Hi Chris,

While you can't 'copy' filters/setting from STP to FCP, you can however save adjustments, filters, etc that you do in STP as a 'script' then you can apply that STP script from within the FCP sequence.
It's doesn't save you from going into STP, but it automates that process, launching STP, applying the filters, settings, etc. then closing STP and bringing you right back into FCP and modifying the existing clip in the sequence. It can be handy if you know what you're doing.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Chris Albert
on Dec 6, 2010 at 7:01:13 pm

David, Todd thanks for the replies.

Problem now is exporting back to FCP I'm getting the attached error. Sorry for all the questions, appreciate the help. I'm following the workflow of Lynda.com lessons etc but to no avail.

"FInal Cut Pro cannot open files in the 'Final Cut Pro XML File' format"

Cheers, Chris

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Dec 6, 2010 at 7:31:24 pm

I've never run across an error like that?

Somewhere along the way, the wheels came off the bus, so you've got to start small; try a new audio file (small), try with a new project, try only applying a small adjustment to the file, try exporting back in a normal file, etc.

Keep working your way out until you're successful or you find out what's going wrong.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]