FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Video question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Wills
Import Video question
on Nov 25, 2010 at 7:57:25 pm

I've been using FCP for a number of years and recently decided to shoot my footage in 1080 24p. I have the Sony A1U and a V1U I shoot short documentary's with. Until recently I just shot with the standard setting of the camera's, 1080 i 60. It was suggested I should shoot in 24p, so I've done this and really like the look.

The issue I have is that I am certain the settings for FCP should be set differently. But with so many choices I haven't any idea which setting I should best use to import the footage. Should it be ProRez? If so, what should I have the camera set at? I'm lost and would really like to know, thus this request for advice : )

Thanks folks
Jerry

Return to posts index

ross daly
Re: Import Video question
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:09:55 pm

Hi Jerry,

I'm not sure if this answer is 'beneath' your question, but the simplest way to get 'proper' project settings for your imported footage is to drag a clip into an empty timeline and let final cut adjust the sequence settings. You may want slightly different settings than that, but it'll get you in the ballpark. That only works on fcp 5 and 6 I believe.

On the other hand, if you are asking about how to ingest or convert your footage then I can't imagine the framerate change would change much else. The only issue would be if your deliverable still needs to be 29.97.

_Ross

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]