FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Express Not Reading Camera All of A Sudden

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamaal Johnson
Final Cut Express Not Reading Camera All of A Sudden
on Nov 23, 2010 at 5:20:20 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum, but not new to Final Cut express.

I have a cannon Vixia HF20 and I have been using it with final cut express for about a year. This morning, I go to reset my scratch drive, from an external to my internal HD, and i got a message saying my internal HD was read only.

So I played around a bit, deleted some files off of my External, to use it again, and now my camera is not being read.

Any suggestions on a solution? I usually figure these things out.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Final Cut Express Not Reading Camera All of A Sudden
on Nov 23, 2010 at 6:27:18 pm

Probably need to get details on the full system configuration, computer, decks, how exactly everything's connected, settings on the media, settings in FCE, what version of the software, OS and QuickTime.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Jamaal Johnson
on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:11:43 pm

Thanks for responding Tom.

I have macbook pro running mac osx 10.5.8

processor 2.26 ghz intel core 2 duo

memory: 4 gb ddr3 ram

FCE version 4.0.1

Quicktime version is 7.6.6

My camera is connected to my mac via usb, which has worked fine, the only other option of output is hdmi, not sure my mac can receive it; i'm sure there is an adapter available

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:22:52 pm

HDMI doesn't work. Does the camera not mount on the desktop? What happens when you use the Add Volume button in log and transfer? Hard drive cameras with a lot of media can take a very long time to be recognized. Also mixed media can create problems. You might try it without the hub.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Jamaal Johnson
on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:28:39 pm

Tom I definitely did everything you mentioned. And as I was reading your reply, the program all of a sudden read my camera. It has NEVER taken that long.

I want to say because I'm in Denver today and it's freezing cold, but wouldn't that be a bit of a stretch of an explanation?

Anyways, looks like it's working now. I have way too many files of video and need a better system of shooting and organizing.

I got into doing video in a round about way, and am learning on the fly. You are a very knowledgeable man and I appreciate the time you took to help out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]