FORUMS: list search recent posts

corrupt audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Germano
corrupt audio
on Nov 17, 2010 at 3:14:39 pm

Been using FCP for about 3 years. I've run into this a couple times and I can't wrap my mind around what is happening. I use a piece of music in a sequence. The music in the sequence does not exactly match the original clip in the bin. Music swells where it should sting for instance. The audio waveform shows sting... the sound plays as a music swell. When matching back to the original media in the source bin, the original media plays the sting. So, it seems like the clip in the sequence is not the clip in the bin. Is it a subclip once it hits the sequence? Is it a QuickTime reference file? Obviously the clip in the sequence has become corrupt in some way, but the original remains intact. (Today the audio clip in the sequence was corrupted and became static, while the match to the original plays the music perfectly).

PUZZLED

Lou@aurora

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: corrupt audio
on Nov 18, 2010 at 6:24:09 pm

I would never edit with a ref files. For me the only use for a ref file it is use for encoding.

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
on Nov 18, 2010 at 10:09:08 pm

This has happened to me too. The wave forms are not matching up to the audio I am hearing, and when I look at it in the view and press f to find the original, the music is fine and in its right position.

What I do is bring in a new audio clip from the original. It is annoying to have to do that, but it solves my problem and I can get back to work.

It seems to me that this is a bug within Final Cut.

Cody Walters

Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8 Core Xeon
16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Final Cut Studio 3
Panasonic HVX-200

Return to posts index

Cameron Levy
on May 14, 2012 at 6:36:51 pm

Yes I have this problem not only with wavs but aiff files too, it's annoying I reviewed an hour long programme and it did I it in four places, the thing is you don't know where on the timeline it's going to screw up next, it's a pain in the a..se! Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]