FORUMS: list search recent posts

print to video FCP 5.0

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Foulkrod
print to video FCP 5.0
on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:06:55 pm

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue in FCP 5.0. For some reason its not letting me print to video. Backstory: I cut 2 sequences with HDV/SD footage, then exported each to a full QT movie with these settings:(NTSC DV 48hz 720x480) thus downconverting the HDV footage. So, this gave me files that were essentially SD, right? So, I burned those sequences into iDVD viewed them on a 4:3 TV & delivered to my client. All good. Now, I want a tape copy for my own archives & cannot seem to get it work. I've done this countless times in the past with no issues. Everything appears to be normal, the cam starts recording but nothing records(tried 2 diff cams Canon GL2, & ZR200). I get no image on the cam lcd screen as its recording. My mac sees the cam & I can external monitor through it if I want, but it wont record the sequence??? Btw, I even tried importing the files into FCEHD 3.01 & the same thing happens.

Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: print to video FCP 5.0
on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:23:19 pm

Some of what is in here might help you...

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/battistella_david/FCP_edit_to_tape....

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Steve Foulkrod
on Nov 15, 2010 at 6:50:17 pm

Thanks David, but no dice. It all goes to plan except nothing records. Should I see the movie playing in the deck/cams lcd screen? I'm not, so somehow the info is not coming down the fw into the cam.

Return to posts index

Steve Foulkrod
on Nov 15, 2010 at 8:54:41 pm

Ha!,Operator Error! I did not change the output settings in the Audio/Video settings. My fault, thanks for the help.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]