FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding video/ audio transition at end of clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucien de Nijs
adding video/ audio transition at end of clip
on Nov 10, 2010 at 7:46:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm an experienced AVID editor trying to master Final Cut Pro. I just found out that although it is possible to drag a dissolve at the end of a clip in the timeline, i cannot use the standard keyboard shortcut! I can use the standard keyboard shortcut to put a dissolve at the beginning af a clip or in between two clips, but not at the end of a clip.

Does anyone here know if this is by design, or a bug, or do am I overlooking something :-)

I'm using the latest version FCP

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: adding video/ audio transition at end of clip
on Nov 10, 2010 at 8:38:38 pm

Works for me. Select the edit point (V) press Cmd-T. What happens when you do that?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Lucien de Nijs
on Nov 10, 2010 at 8:54:12 pm

Hi Tom,

Thx for your reply, I found out that I have to select the edit. This only occurs when I have to put a dissolve at the end of a clip(mostly an audio dissolve at the end of the program).If I have to put a dissolve (video or audio) at the beginning or between two clips, i just can go there (prev edit)select nothing and press cmd+t or opt+cmd+t and it will also put a dissolve in.

Hope you can follow me :-)

Lucien

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 10, 2010 at 9:18:33 pm

The problem with the end of the clip on an upper track or at the end of the sequence is that you're sitting on the frame after the edit point, at the end of the sequence, the so-called magic frame indicated by the mauve band on the right edge of the frame. When you're between edits the transition executes because it effects the frame you're on. When you're at the beginning of the sequence you're putting the transition on the frame you see. When you're at the end of the sequence you're actually on nothing, despite what you see in the canvas, which is the only time the application shows the frame before the playhead.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]