FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render info needed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Levy
Render info needed
on Nov 6, 2010 at 8:13:15 pm

Folks, I am a composer of 40 years, and have thus been around quite a lot of editing in the audio realm. But recently, I decided to get into FCP for 'enjoyment'.

Need some help...

Am I assuming correctly that if I have a clip in the Sequence timeline which needs rendered, that the quality chosen for that particular render is only used for what I will see to do future edits in that timeline? And that we I decide to print (render) the entire movie, that this pre-rendered clip will be re-rendered from the original file at the full quality I have chosen for the total movie print?

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Render info needed
on Nov 7, 2010 at 6:54:48 am

No. The rendered file will be rendered to the quality that the sequence setting is set to. If you drop an HD clip into a DV sequence, it will render it to the DV dimensions and codec. It will remain at that quality until you change the sequence settings.

But, if you change the sequence settings to something else, then yes, the file can be re-rendered to the new settings. If they require a render. When you copy and paste clips inside FCP, you are always dealing with the media, not the renders.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Levy
Re: Render info needed
on Nov 7, 2010 at 4:19:20 pm

Aha. Thank you for your expertise Shane.

And loved your "Tapeless Workflow" protocol. A big help indeed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]