FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting to WMV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Welch
Exporting to WMV
on Nov 5, 2010 at 10:45:18 pm

A client called me at the last second and asked me to deliver my sequences in a WMV format instead of the DVD video originally requested.

I exported using Export/Using Quicktime Conversion then going to the Windows tab. The resulting playback of that file was hideous. I used 2 pass with variable bitrate, WMV 9 Advanced, etc.

Their intent was to plug these WMV files into a Powerpoint presentation for projection in a large venue. I can imagine it would have looked pretty bad but someone talked them into projecting the original DVD - whew!

In the future though, how do I deliver a WMV file that would hold up? What might I have done wrong? These clips were atrocious in terms of pixellation and loss of detail. I looked throughout Compressor and found no WMV option.

thanks
Mark

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Exporting to WMV
on Nov 6, 2010 at 1:04:39 am

To get quality WMV you really need additional software to have a fighting chance. PowerPoint can take a lot of video formats. I would have them test a H264 video, it will be easier to get quality even with the out of the box Compressor.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Exporting to WMV
on Nov 6, 2010 at 12:15:08 pm

Invest in some good compression software like Episode!
This is absolutely invaluable in our production environment. It allows you to compress to dozens of formats easily. You'll be glad you did.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]