FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting audio with the intent to re-integrate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Hawkins
Exporting audio with the intent to re-integrate
on Jul 23, 2014 at 8:26:29 pm

Apologies for a very newbie kind of question––

I'm just wrapping up my project, but I'm dissatisfied with the sound of a voice-over track.

The track itself is composited with elements from a sequence of takes of the VO, which are strung together on a single WAV file.

I'd like to send the audio to a friend of mine with recording studio, who has a much more robust array of audio processors and more know-how about how to improve the sound.

What is the best way to day this?

Assuming I send him the entire raw WAV file and he returns it after processing without changing its parameters, will everything work if I simply "reconnect media" to the clip in question?

Or is there a way I can export the composited audio track in a file type that he can dump into an audio editing program and I can subsequently re-import onto the timeline?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting audio with the intent to re-integrate
on Jul 26, 2014 at 8:42:55 am

Ask your friend what he wants/requires. How do we know? the typical thing I give is an AAF or OMF, and that has the audio embedded, with handles. The raw clips, so they can futz with things. But you gotta ask your audio person what they want. We have nothing to do with this...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]