FORUMS: list search recent posts

png subtitles

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mahoud Rady
png subtitles
on Oct 27, 2010 at 3:49:56 pm

I have Final Cut Pro 5 and i have a problem with png subtitles quality I can Export a movie with subtitles but the subtitles is so bad. can anybody plz help me to improve it's quality?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: png subtitles
on Oct 27, 2010 at 5:53:50 pm

why not post a still of the video and give more info about the subtitles and sequence settings.

Return to posts index

mahoud Rady
on Oct 27, 2010 at 6:25:24 pm

my subtitles are exported from one of softel software called swift6
it can export a DVD subtitles which includes an xml file and an png image for each subtitle then I import the xml file to FCP and reconnect media to the images, usually my cliend needs to export a video with the same quality as the original video so I set my sequence setting like my input video for both the Video and the subtitles.
now my png images is good as images but in FCP they are So bad
I tried to change the subtitle sequence setting to png or DV Pal but it doesn't change.
thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:25:46 pm

In more infomation I meant the actual settings of the files and sequences. Why not post a still?

Return to posts index

mahoud Rady
on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:38:33 pm

can't understand what you are asking for. please explain.
Sorry

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 27, 2010 at 8:36:41 pm

Post a still frame of the video with the subtitle so we can see what the problem is. The is an image upload button above, 3rd from the right.

Post the sequence settings of your timeline. Post the image setting of your png. Size, resolution, color.

In a nutshell post info so people can help.

Return to posts index

mahoud Rady
on Oct 28, 2010 at 8:36:43 am

Here's some images from my project

1-

2-

3-

4-

Return to posts index

Michael Rothenberg
on Oct 28, 2010 at 9:55:14 pm

Your sequence settings are fine except you definitely don't want to change it to PNG - just go back to the Easy Setup you were using before and change your codec back to the normal one.

I did notice that the PNG file itself is incredibly small at 10.9K. You may need to export them at higher resolution from the program that generates them. I use PNG files all the time for titles - they're great because the alpha channel info is built in - and I don't have any problems with them.

Sorry I don't have a definite answer - by the way, have you tried viewing your sequence on a PAL monitor (as opposed to your computer screen)? Many times graphics (especially in a DV sequence) look terrible in the FCP canvas but they are fine when output as video.

Michael Rothenberg
Peak Productions

Return to posts index

mahoud Rady
on Oct 29, 2010 at 6:34:04 pm

I don't have any problem changing my sequence setting to png or other, but i already tried the png and the exported movie was the same bad as jpeg 2000 or DV pal or none or h.264 or mpeg4 they are all the same quality for subtitles, it must be another trick except the sequence setting.
thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 29, 2010 at 11:10:39 pm

The compressor setting of a sequence should be an editing format, don't use png as stated above, while that is not your only problem, that is a problem. You want to match the sequence settings to your footage not your subtitles.

Your subtitles are listed at 702x, instead of the video 720x. I try to never resize in FCP. I would make them 720x.

The other Michael gave you other things, did you take his advice or stop at the png setting comment?

You need to post a still frame of you video with the subtitle. In FCP- Export> Quicktime Conversion> Still> Tiff. Post that.

Return to posts index

mahoud Rady
on Oct 30, 2010 at 5:41:00 am

File type not supported! that's what happens when I tried to upload the exported tiff it's 1.10mb i can email it to you if you post your email for me.
now about the image resolution I can't change the exported images settings from swift6.

shoud i change my seduence setting to 702*575 or what?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]