FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error 48

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Janna Jeffrey
General Error 48
on Oct 26, 2010 at 10:36:09 pm

I've done a lot of searching when it comes to this error, and it seems like there's no definitive reason or solution to this problem - everything seems to be a case-by-case basis. I was hoping someone had run into this particular problem before and could help me.

I stepped in to finish up an edit job for someone who quit the project - a short, 4 minute documentary piece. The footage plays fine in the timeline - there are no playback issues at all - and everything is rendered properly. However, when I try to export the file as a Quicktime movie, it won't let me. It gives me "General Error (48)", and I can't figure out why. I've moved the sequence into different timelines and different projects, to no avail.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be and how I should go about solving it so that I can get this finished film exported?

Thanks in advance!
Janna

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: General Error 48
on Oct 27, 2010 at 6:45:06 am

Has everything in the sequence been rendered to Full? What format is the sequence? What format are you exporting to? What drive are you exporting to? How is it formatted?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Janna Jeffrey
on Oct 27, 2010 at 4:37:38 pm

Hi Tom,

Everything in the sequence has been rendered to full, yes. The lines across the top of the timeline aren't red or green or yellow - they're a purple-blue, which hasn't been a problem for any of my other sequences.

The sequence format is 1080i60. It's HDV footage. I'm trying to export it as a Quicktime, .mov file to my 1TB Glyph drive. I've exported several other short films in the exact same way and haven't run into any problems.

Does any of this information help? If you need to know more, please just ask and I'll let you know! Thank you so much for trying to help!

Janna

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 28, 2010 at 8:29:53 am

Go to Render>Render All and make sure Full is checked on.

How is the Glyph drive formatted? If it's not correctly formatted it will take a short video but not a larger file.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Janna Jeffrey
on Oct 28, 2010 at 2:14:28 pm

Tom,

Yes, there is a check mark next to "Full". Tried exporting again and still no dice.

The Glyph drive is 500GB and it's partitioned in half. But I can't see how that would be the problem - I've exported other .mov files to that drive recently, and they've been the same size, and there haven't been any problems with that.

Any other suggestions, or am I fresh out of luck?

Thanks,
Janna

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 28, 2010 at 5:32:27 pm

So I take it the drive is formatted as Mac OS Extended.

Also are there any stills in the sequence that are very large and/or and not RGB?

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

Janna Jeffrey
on Oct 29, 2010 at 2:35:11 pm

Yes, I believe it's formatted that way, although I am unsure as to how to check that.

There's only one still in the timeline, and it isn't a large file. The same still - a logo - is in all the other timelines as well, which have exported just fine.

I wish I had more information to give you that would help! I'm sorry! Any other suggestions/questions? I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Thanks,
Janna

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 29, 2010 at 5:32:26 pm

Select the drive on the desktop and in the Finder use File>Get Info.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Oct 29, 2010 at 7:34:59 pm

Just a random suggestion..

Change the sequence codec to ProRes 422, re-render the whole thing in full, and then try to export?

Return to posts index

Janna Jeffrey
on Oct 29, 2010 at 10:03:06 pm

No dice on that one. Put the footage into a new, ProRes 422 sequence, rendered it all, and tried to export - didn't work.

Thank you for trying!

Anyone else out there with suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Janna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]