FORUMS: list search recent posts

What format to import AVCHD for best quality and how to export?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran Rushby
What format to import AVCHD for best quality and how to export?
on Oct 22, 2010 at 10:22:04 am

Hi

My boss has got himself a panasonic HDC camcorder of some sort that is formatting the video in AVCHD.

Basically he was using adobe premiere pro from around 2003 on an pc running xp and loved it. My I.T. director persuaded him to buy an iMac and Final Cut Pro 7. As we stand now he states he hates macs because he can't figure out how to get his home movies off his camcorder and onto a dvd without them looking blurry and fuzzy.

Can anyone advise what format we should be importing the AVCHD files into final cut pro for best video quality and how we should be exporting the final movie for best quality to go onto dvd?

I will also note that he is using toast 10 titanium to burn his movies to dvd.

Also he is not looking to burn to blu-ray as none of his familiy have blu-ray players. He just wants his HD footage off camera and onto a dvd with the best quality picture he can get. Also his movies are approx 2 hours long and he has just ordered some Dual Layer DVDs

Thanks

Kieran

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: What format to import AVCHD for best quality and how to export?
on Oct 22, 2010 at 4:51:00 pm

[Kieran Rushby] "I will also note that he is using toast 10 titanium to burn his movies to dvd.
"

He should start by using a better tool to compress the MPEG-2.

[Kieran Rushby] "Can anyone advise what format we should be importing the AVCHD files into final cut pro for best video quality and how we should be exporting the final movie for best quality to go onto dvd"
The best option is converting the footage to Prores.
Look for the "Tapeless video editing" tutorial of Shane Ross, here in the Final Cut tutorials.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]