FORUMS: list search recent posts

clips in mixed TL mysteriously shrunk & squeezed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
clips in mixed TL mysteriously shrunk & squeezed
on Oct 19, 2010 at 8:41:13 pm

I've been editing with a mix (see below) of HD formats in FCP 6.0.6 for several days. Everything has been pretty solid until today. For some reason certain scenes/clips in my Seq appear reduced (66.67) and at 4x3. I haven't found a pattern as to which shots are effected. The only slight difference today was introducing a webisode delivered by a client that was a wmv at 854x480 that I used in the Timeline. And though I've done this before, I have modules (aka sub-masters) that I've been editing in tandem with the main edit that frequently (today) get added to the Main Seq. I do this my selecting the clips in the sub-mstr TL and then opening the Main Seq and pasting them in. I didn't spot any problems at first, only later in the day did I spot several shots reduced as above. (I am able to match back from the shrunk shot and successfully relay it and it's full size & aspect ration 16x9. What gives? Any ideas?

Finally I should mention that for the first time in this job I couldn't save the FCP proj to disc because it disappeared from the folder it lived in. (got an error about not being able to save) I was able to save as the current open proj to a new file. (This has happened to me and others before.)

Thanks,

Paul

Here's the mix the client gave me, whee

960x720 DVCpro 720p60 29.97
XDcam EX 1080p30 29.97
Canon 1920x1080 23.98 h.264 (which I converted to ProRes

(I'm going to post a question about best practices about this mix later)

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
Re: clips in mixed TL mysteriously shrunk & squeezed
on Oct 19, 2010 at 10:06:42 pm

There might be more to it but... it's possible one of the submasters I copied from was 960x720. Then pasting clips from that into a 1920x1080 Master seq... that those clips just don't scale correctly?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]