FORUMS: list search recent posts

move/insert 1 clip vs block of clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
move/insert 1 clip vs block of clips
on Oct 18, 2010 at 9:40:19 pm

When I start to drag a clip in the timeline, then hold option it will land (where I release) as an insert (aka shuffle edit ) and the cursor changes to a downturned arrow confirm. But hen I lasso and drag a bunch of contiguous clips, then hold option it does an insert (good) but leaves a hole where this block of clips once lived. (yes the cursor is different, not the downturned arrow) Ok I can pull-up/clean-up that gap as an extra step, but I must be doing something wrong.

What is the trick to move this block of clips and get the same results as my first single clip example (shuffle)... insert, ripple, no gaps. I went to the manual but don't see an example of moving this group of clips, sorry. Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: move/insert 1 clip vs block of clips
on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:21:34 pm

Select the contiguous clips you want to move. Use Shift-X to ripple cut them from the sequence. Put the playhead where you want them to go and use Shift-V to paste insert.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
Re: move/insert 1 clip vs block of clips
on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:56:38 pm

Thank you Tom. I got stuck in a lasso-drag mindset.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]