FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to batch multiple FCP timelines in Compressor?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Errol Lazare
How to batch multiple FCP timelines in Compressor?
on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:46:43 am

I have 10 timelines in Final Cut that I need to compress to DVD using compressor. Each timeline is average 2 hours. My question is how do I add all 10 timelines to compressor to do a batch compression? Basically when I add the first timeline and try to go back to final cut to add the second timeline, I cannot access final cut because it appears compressor is overriding it and the spinning wheel is present when the mouse is overtop of final cut.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Errol X. Lazare
EXL Films
http://www.exlfilms.com

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
Re: How to batch multiple FCP timelines in Compressor?
on Oct 13, 2010 at 3:54:50 pm

Errol,

It's a little particular, you need to make sure that the output settings are NOT highlighted in blue-your MPEG-2 setting. When it is, Compressor is holding FCP to give you an output of the video, adjustments, size, quality, etc. Once you don't have anything highlighted, you can easily jump back to FCP.

Cheers,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

ross daly
Re: How to batch multiple FCP timelines in Compressor?
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:23:50 pm

Errol,
If you have fcp6 or higher you can use "send to > compressor" instead of the older method. That will let you batch multiple sequences, but not let you preview them as fcp is busy feeding compressor data. Alternatively, you could export each one via quicktime movie and then batch it in compressor regardless of if final cut was open or closed.

_Ross

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]