FORUMS: list search recent posts

clearing an sd card

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam levy
clearing an sd card
on Oct 11, 2010 at 12:32:08 am

i have been using by a sandisk 16 gb sd card with my camcorder and filled it up for the first time. to clear space, i opened up the card's file directory on my mac and dragged and dropped the files into the trash.

over the weekend, i shot some new footage which i am now trying to transfer into fcp 7. for the first time, the clips on the disk will not automatically appear in the transfer window. when i try to go through the file directory to bring the files into the transfer window i get the following mesage: "CANON" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.'

the footage plays fine in the camera and the mts clip files are in the card's directory.

is there something i can do to transfer the footage? did i clear the card the wrong way?

thanks,
adam

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: clearing an sd card
on Oct 11, 2010 at 4:58:30 am

Hi Adam,
you have to format those cards on the camera. The cards must keep the original folders/files structure in order to L&T to work.
try to copy in your finder these .mts files, then try toc onvert them to any QT codec with MPGEStreamclip.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]