FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio not matching up

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Guilmette
Audio not matching up
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:06:38 am

I have a project that is NTSC DV standard def 48K and the settings are correct in the project.
When I captured the footage from my DVX100 I had to press play on the camera to start capturing which I thought was odd.
pressing play,rewind,stop in FCP would operate my camera, but if I hit capture now it would not start the camera.
I was able to start capturing the footage if I hit play on the camera but now my audio and video are off.

I checked the footage on the DVX and I have time code throughout the taping, so I am stumped....

Any ideas were I went wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Ron Guilmette
Re: Audio not matching up
on Oct 5, 2010 at 3:29:56 pm

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Oct 5, 2010 at 3:50:15 pm

Hi Ron,

You Firewire capture settings do NOT affect the recording setting, so if it was recorded at a different audio rate, then you'll want to convert to 48khz.

As to the firewire control, trash prefs, reboot try again. I've met a bunch of decks and cameras that don't lock up for control and I usually do the same thing you did.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:05:15 pm

"capture now" will not send control commands, hence it will not start/stop your camera/deck.
Since pressing the control commands DID work in FCP, then your control setup is working. Set an in and out point and use the "capture clip" command. This will then rewind your tape, get some pre-roll, lockup, capture the correct duration you set with your I/O points, and then stop the transport when finished.
See if that contains synched audio.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Ron Guilmette
on Oct 5, 2010 at 5:40:26 pm

Thanks for the replies Guys.I will set the in/out point and see if it holds up. I will also trash my preferences before I try to capture again.
Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Ron Guilmette
on Oct 6, 2010 at 11:48:55 am

Just wanted to let you guys know it worked.
I set in and out points and used capture clip instead of capture now and it is working.
Thanks for you help!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]