FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline clip referencing wrong audio file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
Timeline clip referencing wrong audio file
on Sep 21, 2010 at 2:07:07 am

Hi...

FCP always warns me if a clip is out of sync (the red flag warning). I'm not getting that on one clip, and it shows not only to be in sync, but it's referencing a totally wrong audio file that dosen't even go with it.

What's even stranger, it's referencing an audio file that is several minutes down the timeline (same clip) to the right of the playhead. "Iv'e never seen this happen...." Is this just a "start all over on that clip" answer - or is there a quick way to put the right audio back in it's rightful place? And how come I didn't get an out of sync red warning in the first place?

Thanks again to all...

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Timeline clip referencing wrong audio file
on Sep 21, 2010 at 9:13:43 am

Time to trash your preferences.

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Sep 21, 2010 at 7:22:53 pm

David.... Interesting enough, I've never done this in FCP as in other programs. I'm assuming this changes nothing in the timeline whatsoever, correct? Or will I have to go back in and re-set my user preferences or re do anything again?

Could you confirm the procedure as follows:

Home/Library/Preferences/Final Cut Pro User Data.
Delete FCP Preferences, FCP Obj Cache and FCP Prof cache

Thanks again...

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 22, 2010 at 6:52:32 pm

You'll need to know how to trash prefs as everyone occasionally must trash them.

I would recommend getting Preference Manager from http://www.digitalrebellion.com, which allows saving and trashing of preferences in sophisticated ways well beyond just deleting the requisite files. BTW, I can't remember which files to trash myself, as I have been using Preference Manager for ages now.

In any case, so long as the correct files are deleted there is no impact on timelines, etc. Favorites and such might revert back to default, but that's why Preference Manager is so handy, as it avoids that and lets you save known sets of good preferences.

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
on Sep 22, 2010 at 10:16:40 pm

Thanks so much David for this tip, this looks like a well needed utility program. I'm getting it now!

Jonny

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]