FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Lindop
final cut pro
on Sep 19, 2010 at 9:13:43 pm

Is there a button I can push that would result with my footage deleted except that used in a selected time-line?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: final cut pro
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:04:21 am

Do you mean you have a certain clip used in a number of sequences and you want to delete all of them except for one?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Tim Lindop
on Sep 20, 2010 at 4:06:45 am

I realize I might not have been clear. Years ago, before FCP, there was NewTek's Toaster. To save valuable HD space, when finished with a project, you could have toaster reference every clip in the timeline and automatically delete everything you did not use. This was an automatic function and it would not only delete footage you didn't use, but any clips you did use would be trimmed to the in and out point established in the timeline. Does FCP have something similar?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:26:56 pm

Follow Rafael's suggest to use Media Manager. If you search this forum you'll find many discussions about the workflow. Here's one example.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Tim Lindop
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:40:11 pm

Thanks to both you and Rafael. I will start exploring Media Manager!

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Getting rid of unused media
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:46:28 pm

Also in the future when posing it is best to put something descriptive of your question for the subject. You simply put final cut pro. This whole forum is about final cut pro. Putting something like getting rid of unuded media not only lets people who might be able to help what your question is about. A lot of people will save themselves time and just skip over questions they know they cannot answer well. In addition it REALLY helps those searching the forums if there is a good basic description of what the question will be about in the subject line.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:09:34 am

[Tim Lindop] "Is there a button I can push that would result with my footage deleted except that used in a selected time-line?"
Tu put that function in a button, would be very dangerous.
You can use Media Manager to separate the footage you have used in a project/sequence. Then you can delete the rest.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]