FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP log and transfer crashes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Butterfield
FCP log and transfer crashes
on Sep 18, 2010 at 5:41:57 am

Can no longer get FCP to ingest P2 material via Log and Transfer. A few files go in, sometimes up to 20 or more, but then FCP crashes. I send the reports to Apple but there is of course no reply. Getting pretty frustrated and sorry I invested in FCP. Even when you get to know how it's supposed to work, it stops working. I verified and repaired over and over. Restart after restart. In a nut shell, FCP will no longer load a full 16 G P2 card from and HVX200 with out crashing.

Mac Book Pro with FCP 6.06 Trying to load to system disc which has plenty of room.

Any suggestions appreciated. I'm running out of time and patience in Apple. And this is costing everyone associated with the project time and money.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP log and transfer crashes
on Sep 18, 2010 at 6:31:47 am

How about trashing the FCP preferences? Do that? Because this isn't normal behavior...crashing. Blaming Apple for this is pointless. This DOES work. A majority of people have no problems, but they do occur. That means that something is wrong with the system. Apple doesn't reply to the reports you send...they use that to fix potential bugs.

How about this...post a crash report here...I'll see what it means. Using CRASH REPORTER from the http://www.digitalrebellion.com FCS MAINTENANCE PACK I can find out what is causing the crashes. That makes that package a good deal...you can see what is wrong and what steps to take to fix it.

#44: FCP acting weird - Trash Prefs

Shane's Stock Answer #44: FCP acting weird or unusual. Just not like is normally should

If the program was working fine, and now isn't, or just isn't working the way it should, the first things to do are:

1) Trash your FCP preferences. Download the Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/pref_man.htm

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html

2) Open the Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

3) Shut down for 10 min. Go for a quick walk around the block and get SOME exercise today. Come back, turn on the computer and see how things are.

4) (optional) Do the Hokey Pokey and turn your self about. Results may vary.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Butterfield
on Sep 18, 2010 at 3:54:53 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply (glib though it may be). I did watch the tutorial from Richard Harrington (didn't I see him at NAB a couple of years ago?) and we tried everything again. Sometimes systems and software don't work and we are in that mode. We are using the animation codec to take the project to Avid and will continue work with that until we have time to address the Apple cluster F. Interesting/ironic though that you mention the Hokey Pokey as pre WW II footage of that dance is in the show. Thanks again and cheers.

Return to posts index

David Butterfield
on Sep 19, 2010 at 5:04:07 am

Happy ending. We got both a flat movie and a project out of FCP and into a working editing system--special thanks to Duck. Show back on schedule and many relieved campers here. For sure the best possible information available was here on The Cow. Regret time and money invested in Apple and will be looking at other systems, but am a Cow fan for life.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 19, 2010 at 5:08:02 am

Glad you got it working. Just know that what you experienced isn't normal. There is something wrong with that system. It isn't FCP in general...there are many MANY of us who use FCP and Log and Transfer on a daily basis, with no problems.

But, as long as you got the project over to a system that works...that's the main thing.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]