FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Quicktime Error-50

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Cohn
Compressor Quicktime Error-50
on Sep 17, 2010 at 10:16:17 pm

Hello,

I've read up thoroughly on the Quicktime Error-50 in Compressor and haven't found anything that helps. I'm bringing a Quicktime file, ProRes 422, self-contained into Compressor, and with various different QT files I get this same error. Does anybody know what the cause of this might be? I do know that the start up drive only has about 3 gigs of free space on it. Could that be an issue with this particular problem? (We're currently working on freeing up more space, but I'm just curious if that might be a cause)

Thank you,
Matt

MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, FCP 6.0.6, Compressor 3.0.5

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Compressor Quicktime Error-50
on Sep 18, 2010 at 10:36:10 am

[Matt Cohn] " I do know that the start up drive only has about 3 gigs of free space on it. Could that be an issue with this particular problem? (We're currently working on freeing up more space, but I'm just curious if that might be a cause)"
Probably.
Most application require room in the System HD (Virtual Memory) to work properly. Some need to write lot of temporal files before finishing any process. There are plugins like the FC SmoothCam that needs many GBs for the files created while analyzing the footage.
In a media HD you need at least a 10% of free space. In a System HD you may need even more.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]