FORUMS: list search recent posts

render settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Hardison
render settings
on Sep 17, 2010 at 1:59:15 pm

What are the best settings possible to render a sequence out of FCP? I want full quality no compression. I am using .mov's straight off the sd card from my JVC cameras. How do I render those files out at full quality to be compressed at a later time?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: render settings
on Sep 17, 2010 at 2:15:40 pm

Hi Mitch,
The most uncompress format you can get from FC in YUV, is with the Apple 10 Uncompress codec.
This will produce HUGE files; something like 1TB per hour of film and to play it in RT you will need a powerful Mac with a super fast storage system.
Few people can afford editing 10b Unc, and few stuff deserves such treatment.
There are codecs that keeps top quality while making manageable files, and if you intend just to cut in FC, the best option is exporting to the native codec.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: render settings
on Sep 17, 2010 at 7:29:35 pm

As Rafael suggests keep your native codec by exporting a self-contained QuickTime Using Current Settings. Going to a higher bit rate codec does not increase the quality, just the size.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]