FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition Will Not Be put Between Clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Crowson
Transition Will Not Be put Between Clips
on Sep 11, 2010 at 3:36:30 pm

Hi, for some reason after working with 20 or so clips putting a dip to colour dissolve between the end of one clip and the motion title introducing a second clip, I seem not to be able to do it on subsequent clips. I have checked that there is a sufficient handle on each clip - there is on the film clip, and the motion title is 3 seconds long. What other possible reason could there be for a transition not being able to be dropped onto a clip? I have tried other dissolve transitions as well as different types of transitions, with the same result. I have also rolled back my clip by five seconds, going into my usable video just to see what happens, but the transition still won't drop onto the clips.

Cheers, Andy

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Transition Will Not Be put Between Clips
on Sep 11, 2010 at 5:19:57 pm

The motion title (or Motion title?) is being treated as a complete piece of media. Did you trim it to create handles?

http://www.fcpbook.com/Effects1.html

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Andy Crowson
Re: Transition Will Not Be put Between Clips
on Sep 12, 2010 at 11:10:20 am

I imported 3 seconds of the Motion titles for each film. I've got round the problem by reimporting, but still have no idea why some work and some don't, when I seem to have followed the same procedure...

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]