FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting tape logs from fcp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Astrid Karlsson
Exporting tape logs from fcp
on Sep 9, 2010 at 12:03:25 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to get a nice human readable export of log and capture from a tape that I've annotated heavily in the log and capture tool?

Thanks
Lucy

Return to posts index

Dave Klee
Re: Exporting tape logs from fcp
on Sep 9, 2010 at 11:13:50 pm

Have you tried exporting a batch list and cleaning it up in a spreadsheet program like Excel?

If you highlight all the clips you want to include from your FCP bin, right click on any of them in your bin, then select Export > Batch List, it will create a fairly standard tab-delimited text file with all the clip data. Excel opens this file as a spreadsheet, and then you can delete all the columns except the ones that are useful to you. Various things can be done to make it more readable once in Excel.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that someone has an easier way, but this is typically how I have printed out log sheets for producers and also exported the data into other programs for tape cataloging. Perhaps it'll work for you!

Dave

Return to posts index

Astrid Karlsson
on Sep 13, 2010 at 10:38:56 am

Hey, thanks Dave, I will try that! Might just be the solution I need!

Return to posts index

Dave Klee
on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:59:59 pm

Just stumbled onto this and thought of your question. It isn't free, but appears to do a nice job outputting logging information from Final Cut Pro:

http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/finalprint

Never used it, but figured it was worth passing along. I've used other products from Digital Heaven before and have been happy with them.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]