FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Workflow from Premiere XML

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Pritchard
P2 Workflow from Premiere XML
on Jul 22, 2014 at 6:05:23 am

Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. Here is my situation, I will editing some P2 segments using Premiere Pro CC on Windows and then handing an XML file to another editor for finishing. They will be using Final Cut Pro 7 on a Mac. As I understand it the source media will need to be transcoded to be used in FCP and then relinked. Is this correct and during the transcoding process will FCP retain the original clip details to enable the relinking? These might seem pretty basic questions but have never used FCP before.
Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 Workflow from Premiere XML
on Jul 22, 2014 at 10:14:29 pm

FCP only really works with very specific codecs...ProRes, DVCPRO HD (as transcoded by FCP), HDV (as transcoded by FCP), and uncompressed...then SD formats. PCs cannot encode to ProRes without special software...and it cannot convert to the DVCPRO HD codec FCP uses. Well, you can try. Do a couple test encodes to see what codec will work in FCP.

Or have that other editor download the trial to Premiere Pro and have them finish in that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steven Pritchard
Re: P2 Workflow from Premiere XML
on Jul 22, 2014 at 11:15:37 pm

Thanks Shane, unfortunately the editor works at a prodUction company that is strictly FCP so the trial PP is not an option but your advice is helpful with regard to the codecs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]