FORUMS: list search recent posts

compressor won't allow submit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Miller
compressor won't allow submit
on Aug 31, 2010 at 11:13:41 pm

Hi

I've just put compressor onto my new MacBook Pro.

I'm just testing it out, seeing if it will export a file directly from FCP.

It opens up from Final Cut just fine, but when I hit "submit" a dialog box comes up with the name, the cluster and the priority. The submit button is greyed out.

On the tower machine I'm used to using, the cluster is set to "This computer" but I don't know how to set it...

Can I use Compressor on a laptop or do I need multiple drives?

What do I need to change the cluster setting?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Simon Hustings
Re: compressor won't allow submit
on Sep 2, 2010 at 7:01:15 am

Hi Frank,

Usually, from the cluster drop down menu in Compressor, you should see "This Computer" and any clusters that you have set up.
Check your Q-Administrator settings in System Preferences. If you're not able to submit from Compressor, try resetting Q-Administrator services from within system prefs. This often times fixes random problems with Compressor. If you have any clusters set up, resetting services will require you to setup your clusters again afterwards if you want to be able to use them in Compressor.

All the best,

Simon

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Return to posts index

Stan Ilchev
Re: compressor won't allow submit
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:28:22 am

Hi Simon,

Is there any way I can get that option "This Computer" instead of using a cluster. I'm having trouble with Qmaster and by now I'm ready to use This Computer, but it's not on the drop down menu.

Many thanks

Stan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]