FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can i delete LiveType safely?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Can i delete LiveType safely?
on Nov 7, 2014 at 6:57:12 pm

I'm trying to free up some space on my HD. I don't do any 3D stuff with FCP7. Can i delete LiveType or might that mess up FCP for me?

thanks,
noam

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Can i delete LiveType safely?
on Nov 9, 2014 at 8:45:04 pm

You can probably live without Live Type; much of it was ported into Motion. Access it from there.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Nov 11, 2014 at 5:29:56 pm

My worry is that if I delete it with AppCleaner I will end up damaging FCP7 and it wont work well. Is that a valid concern or can I delete it without concern for how FCP7 will work?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 11, 2014 at 7:22:55 pm

My standard answer to these types of problems/ questions is:

use carbon copy cloner to image the entire boot drive to a spare hard drive, before you do ANYTHING that might permanently damage the system. And only when you have a complete and clean and smooth-working system, clone THAT, and park that .dmg someplace safe. THEN, you can dig around in the boot drive deleting and tweaking and trying newer os's and whatnot.

This next part is not specific to your question, but a general bit of advice;

Remember that as far as Apple is concerned, this particular software is dead and gone. You should not entrust any new os or hardware to run it. Particularly, if you are using it for an income. You are living in a digital wilderness without civilized support, outside of what we can get here, on the COW. If your system works well, put it in a bell jar, so to speak, as far as upgrades or changes and only do the original recommended maintenance on it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]