FORUMS: list search recent posts

delete clip in log and transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikolaj mathiesen
delete clip in log and transfer
on Aug 25, 2010 at 9:40:16 pm

When viewing clips in Log and transfer window im trying to delete clips. The person next to me right clicks on a clip and have the option of choosing delete, I havent?? I only have "Ad to queue" "rename" "revert to original metadata" "Ad custom path" and "preferences"
We are both on FCP7, where has my delete option gone???
Saltflyer

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: delete clip in log and transfer
on Aug 25, 2010 at 10:20:08 pm

That action will delete the clip from your drive. Perhaps the folder is Locked and that's preventing the delete.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Aug 25, 2010 at 11:50:39 pm

Don't delete the clip. That deletes it from the card. This can mess up the way the camera reads the card. Don't delete it, just skip it. When you're ready to reuse the card erase it in the camera.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Nikolaj mathiesen
on Aug 26, 2010 at 12:10:02 am

My problem is storage as well. I can easely delete around 50% of my footage i come home with. All i want in FCP is to view my footage, delete clips not wanted, then off to the editor.
found this link http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/professionalformatsandworkflo...
If i open clips that was offloaded by our old Powerbook G4, FCP7 gives me the option of deleting clips in log and transfer. Now that i offload on a newer Powerbook G4, i cant delete...
Sounds like a P2 card reader is the obvious solution???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]