FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode Reader takes a while to render; any faster third-party options out there? Or is Compressor faster?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Reichman
Timecode Reader takes a while to render; any faster third-party options out there? Or is Compressor faster?
on Aug 20, 2010 at 4:09:52 pm

I was just wondering if there's a faster way to burn in timecode than nesting a sequence in Final Cut Pro and applying the Timecode Reader. The render time is significant on my Mac. Is it faster to add the timecode in Compressor? Are there any third-party options that are worthwhile?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Timecode Reader takes a while to render; any faster third-party options out there? Or is Compressor faster?
on Aug 20, 2010 at 8:19:39 pm

Compressor is faster. A LOT faster.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Benjamin Reichman
Re: Timecode Reader takes a while to render; any faster third-party options out there? Or is Compressor faster?
on Aug 21, 2010 at 4:03:55 am

Good to know! Farewell to nested sequences with the Timecode Reader applied...

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Aug 21, 2010 at 7:28:17 am

I just wish there was a timecode background in Compressor like there is in FCP. If there is I've yet to find it.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Christopher Grosso
on Apr 6, 2012 at 5:32:18 pm

Shane,

I only see a Timecode "generator" in Compressor as opposed to a Timecode "reader".

I need to give clients DVD's with the original timecode burned in. Any quicker ways to do this without going through the render process in FCP?

--
Produce | Shoot | Edit
Take Two Visual Media
http://www.take2vm.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 6, 2012 at 5:37:35 pm

[Christopher Grosso] "I only see a Timecode "generator" in Compressor as opposed to a Timecode "reader". "

That Generator will read the source timecode of the file you export. So if it starts at 59:50:00...it will read that and display that number.

[Christopher Grosso] "I need to give clients DVD's with the original timecode burned in. Any quicker ways to do this without going through the render process in FCP?"

Nope. The only way is to put the READER in FCP on all the clips, and render. Bill them for the time...perhaps less as it is machine time. But if they want that...it takes time.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]