FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Merging

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Goodson
Sequence Merging
on Aug 16, 2010 at 6:46:08 am

Hey Everyone. I've got a question I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. Basically, I have a 90min sporting event that I need to breakdown. I'm doing the first hour and another assistant is doing the second hour on another machine.

Question: With the 20 Sequences that we tag for, being named the same on both machines, what is the best way to import his 2nd hour sequences from his MacBookPro, to the 1st hour sequences on my MacPro once we're both finished. I need to insert his "tagged moments" to the end of mine, so that I can send them to Compressor in order to upload on-line.

I hope I've explained the scenario well enough, and thanks to those taking the time to help, as it's much appreciated!

Aloha - Jason

Aloha - Jason

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Sequence Merging
on Aug 16, 2010 at 11:16:06 am

If you have the media that the other editor is working with, copy the project file to your machine, and then copy the sequences from his project to your project. Render and mixdown all the sequences. Put all the sequences one after the other in a final sequence. Render and mixdown and output.

If you don't have the media, the other editor should export a self-contained QuickTime Movie for you to import.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Jason Goodson
Re: Sequence Merging
on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:00:49 pm

Thanks Tom! I'm trying it now. Cheers!

Aloha - Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]