FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export full-quality .DV files?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles House
Export full-quality .DV files?
on Aug 9, 2010 at 10:18:47 pm

I'm trying to export some clips to send to an FX editor. How do I export uncompressed .DV or other uncompressed files to the editor in the highest quality possible, so that they can do their work and return the files to me with the least amount of compressed or degradation?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Export full-quality .DV files?
on Aug 9, 2010 at 11:18:57 pm

[Charles House] "How do I export uncompressed .DV"

.DV isn't uncompressed. It is a compressed format. If you are working with DV footage in FCP, the most lossless format you can export would be DV. If you export a QUICKTIME MOVIE, self contained, then that is the best you can get. That is a simple copy of data bits from one location to the next. If you export Uncompressed...you are compressing.

#3 Output lossless Quicktime movies

Shane's Stock Answer #3: How to output lossless Quicktime movies

To export your project so there is no loss in quality, simply go to the File Menu and select EXPORT>QUICKTIME MOVIE. Not Quicktime Conversion, for this will compress the footage. Make sure the settings match your timeline settings, make it self contained, do NOT recompress the footage, and you are set.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jean mathis
Re: Export full-quality .DV files?
on Mar 22, 2011 at 6:14:26 pm

so what about the render settings in the sequence settings then, what is best YUV or RGB ?
I originally read this post because I definitely get a different lower quality when I export this one DV project from his sequence with the current settings (I have dozens of films before never had that issue).
I compared full screen preview inside the project and outside when rendered the discrepancy very noticeable on the titles and subs any suggestion ?
Cheers
Jean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]