FORUMS: list search recent posts

deadline problems 853 x 480 dv format?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pier Bover
deadline problems 853 x 480 dv format?
on Aug 5, 2010 at 5:43:14 am

Hi guys

Me and the editor are having a problem here that we do not know how to solve... and we are on a deadline...

Some girls shot a video and were supposed to edit but abandoned the project. all that was left were some dv tapes of the material. It was supposed to be HD, but in FCP we only could import as DV video.

When we open the imported videos in QT it says DV, 720 x 480 (853 x 480), but the videos look distorted and have black bars on top and bottom. If I export a frame and open it in Photoshop and resize to 720x480 it looks right.

How do we have to set up Final CUt to edit those videos???
How do I export a After effects animation to be imported in the final project so that it looks right???

Any help is really appreciated

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
Re: deadline problems 853 x 480 dv format?
on Aug 5, 2010 at 2:49:37 pm

Set your sequence easy setup to DV NTSC Anamorphic.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 5, 2010 at 4:50:35 pm

Sounds like the video was shoot 4:3 Letterbox and not 16:9, but was captured 16:9. Can you post the frame capture?

If that is the case you need to bring the clips into FCP deselect anamorphic and edit in standard DV (not anamorphic) seq.

Return to posts index

Pier Bover
on Aug 5, 2010 at 5:30:17 pm

Thanks for your help!

Finally the video was not in 16:9 anamorphic. There's distort option in the clips which finally sets the video to 655x480 square pixels, when in fact it is 720x480 rectangular pixels.... bizarre. But we are able to edit the videos without distortion now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]