FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Playback Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ravi Bayanker
Audio Playback Issue
on Aug 2, 2010 at 2:28:11 am

Hey everyone. This is a great site. Ok, brown nosing aside, here's my issue...

I just got Final Cut Pro 7.0. I set in and out points on a file I had in my Viewer and dragged it to the Timeline. When I go to play it back by pressing spacebar or the play button on the Canvas, all I hear is beeping, like a test tones.

I can scrub through the clip on the Canvas using any of the three scrubbers and the audio is there, albeit fragmented because I'm scrubbing. yet when I go to play it all I hear are beeps. Is there a setting I'm missing, forgot to install, or is there some sort of audio playback engine option I'm missing.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Audio Playback Issue
on Aug 2, 2010 at 12:20:45 pm

You sequence settings and your audio settings do not match. Your audio needs to be rendered first.

Best to convert all your audio to 48K b/4 import.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Jack Degelia
on Aug 3, 2010 at 3:16:37 am

he's correct. at the top of your timeline you will see a red line. that means your timeline sequence needs to be rendered. the beep, beep, beep you hear means that audio needs to be rendered. when that happens, just press the option + R keys and render your timeline sequence. make sure your RT settings, found in the lower left side of the timeline are set at Unlimited, Dynamic, Dynamic. that setting will aid in preventing frequent need to render.

hope this helps

Return to posts index

Sam van Zoest
on Aug 4, 2010 at 10:24:44 pm

Change the Real-time Audio Mixing to 10 or 12 tracks in the General tab of User Preferences or something more.

Sam van Zoest,
Camera Operator and Editor at DeltaShock

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]