FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swap in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Faizul A Rashid
Swap in FCP
on Aug 1, 2010 at 4:46:37 pm

What button that you might press before or after if you were to perform swap edit and it appear content duplication instead of swap the clip. Of course the sequence will ripple. Just a question that my student ask and i just cant figure what it is. Anyone knows? cheers.

Cheers
F FCP

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Swap in FCP
on Aug 2, 2010 at 1:59:22 pm

Hi Faizal

If you first select and begin to drag a clip and then hold down the Option Key you can perform a Swap Edit. (Note that the cursor will change accordingly to show a swap edit will be performed).
If you already hold down the option before you perform the select and drag move, and keep the option key depressed whilst placing the clip, then you will perform an Insert Edit with a duplicate of the selected clip. (Note the cursor will show that an Insert Edit will be performed).
Or again as above, if you already hold down the option before you perform the select and drag move and then release the option key before placing the clip, then you will perform an Overwrite Edit with a duplicate of the selected clip. (Again note that the cursor will show that an Overwrite Edit will be performed).

Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

Faizul A Rashid
Re: Swap in FCP
on Aug 3, 2010 at 7:49:22 am

Thanks bro! i understand clearly..

cheers

Cheers
F FCP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>