FORUMS: list search recent posts

RT Issues? Settings issues? Clip settings? ARRRRG!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christo Johnson
RT Issues? Settings issues? Clip settings? ARRRRG!
on Jul 21, 2010 at 9:38:49 pm

Howdy,
I dont know why I cant figure this out. I am having Drop frame warnings and render issues like crazy. I have been reading posts and looking at video tutorials and still, to no avail!!!
I have a helmet cam that shoots to H.264. I have compressed this footage to apple pro res 422 HQ. I have been starting new projects, deleting the old sequence and going to easy setup. The clips are 29.97, 1280x960, Apple pro res HQ @ a data rate of 22.5MBs. The sequence settings match except I have to type in the frame rate of 1280x960 as this is not an option and I have been setting the Aspect ratio @ custom. Could this be an issue? Do I need to bother with the Field dominance or pic aspect ratio. They are set @ square/w 16:9 box checked. My memory is 4 GB 1067 MHzDRR3. What should My limit RT vid be set @ in the User prefs based on this? The media is being stored on a 2 TB Seagate Free Agent Desk FireWire 800 drive that is also the Capture scratch drive. I should be able to work off this drive w/out having dropped frames right? Also, as I have been trying to figure this out, sometimes when I copy and drop this footage into a diff sequence, and I get a RT/Drop frame warning, I will go to the RT and click and there are only a couple of options, Play base layer, Rec to tape (Greyed out), Use playback settings and Full quality. Not the usual multiple options including Safe RT and unlimited RT. Why does this happen sometimes and not others.
Sorry to bother ya'all, but I cant seem to figure this one out on my own.

Christo Johnson

iMac OS X V 10.6.3
2.66GHz Intel Core i5
FCP 7

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: RT Issues? Settings issues? Clip settings? ARRRRG!
on Jul 22, 2010 at 4:34:16 am

[christo Johnson] "1280x960"

That is a non RT video resolution. If you cropped it to 1280x720 it would be much better but that is a progressive size.

Return to posts index

christo Johnson
on Jul 22, 2010 at 5:25:07 pm

"That is a non RT video resolution. If you cropped it to 1280x720 it would be much better but that is a progressive size." ???????

What are you telling me? I know the camera shoots in progressive mode. How do I crop? Even if I crop, the clip settings will remain the same, no? Image wire frame? What should I set my sequence settings at as this aspect ratio is not an option? I have been opening new projects and discarding the sequence, going to easy setup, setting up and dropping the clips into the TL. as soon as I do this, The RT settings Change and there is no longer the full RT setting menu. I have been setting @ 1280x960 and choosing custom set up. What would you do. Also,I have been getting a renderline for audio but not video. I have tried to match audio settings to the sequence settings. I cant get further than 45 secs before I get a dropped frame warning. No effects at all. At the moment, I'm trying to re install FCP studio so we'll see if this helps.

Christo Johnson
iMac OS X V 10.6.3
2.66GHz Intel Core i5
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
FCP 7
Seagate Freeagent 2TB desktop HD x 2

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 23, 2010 at 2:37:05 am

1280x960 is not a normal video resolution. Closest HD video is 1280x720. So unless you convert your footage to a resolution like that you will always have playback troubles. When you convert from H264 to ProRes I would also change the resolution to 1280x720 which will crop off the top and bottom of the recorded image. (120 px top and bottom). This can be done in the Geometry tab, set the Dimension (encoded pixels) to 1280x720.

If the camera is recording compressed audio that you may want to change Audio passthrough to encode and setting to PCM.

Return to posts index

christo Johnson
on Jul 27, 2010 at 5:42:39 pm

Sorry for the delay. I was out of reach.
Thanks for your response. Gonna try your suggestion now.
-Christo

Christo Johnson
iMac OS X V 10.6.3
2.66GHz Intel Core i5
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
FCP 7
Seagate Freeagent 2TB desktop HD x 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]