converting video from .mov to MPEG/FLV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam chesbrough
converting video from .mov to MPEG/FLV
on Jul 21, 2010 at 2:17:59 pm

My work flow is as follows:
-create fcp project and export as uncompressed .mov
-import into adobe media encoder and convert to H264 720p for youtube (exporting using FCP takes longer and holds up the software, I have found that using compressor takes forever and actually have never been able to wait for the final encoded project...think I'm doing something incorrectly
-my issue is that when I use adobe media encoder to export .mov to .flv I get audio sync issues.
would love to hear other peoples exporting and encoding workflow, comments on mine, as well as ideas concerning the sync issues.thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: converting video from .mov to MPEG/FLV
on Jul 21, 2010 at 5:50:06 pm

Look into Episode - a great encoding software.
Export from FCP timeline Current setting making a ref movie file.
Drop that into encoding software and compress to what you need. You shouldn't be losing sync.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jul 26, 2010 at 5:03:35 pm

What codec did you use in editing your program? What are your system specs? While Episode is a top-notch encoder, Compressor will give excellent results. And you own it. Search The DVD Studio Pro and Compression Techniques forums for many encoding workflows.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

adam chesbrough
on Jul 26, 2010 at 5:17:12 pm

macbook pro, i7, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM esata external HD. Editing in ProRes LT, 720p. Everytime I have tried to use compressor it takes forever to encode. I'll watch and tutorial and give it another shot.

macbook pro 17" i7, 8GB RAM
esata external HD 7200RPM
-----
canon 5D mark II, 24-70mm, 50mm, 15mm fisheye, juicedink DT454, zacuto striker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]