FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Can I Achieve This Transaction???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dyce Jackson
How Can I Achieve This Transaction???
on Jul 19, 2010 at 3:42:07 am

I am very new to video editing an FCP. I am doing a wedding video for a friend. I put a few clips together for the intro and added an additive dissolve. I loved the effect it achieved it was kind of a flash & burn effect. But when I rendered the clips, they just look like a plain cross dissolve. I refuse to use a plain dissolve after seeing it with the other effect.

I did a screen recording of it and uploaded it here:

I know the quality is horrible but I hope you get the idea. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this effect? Or know of a plugin that will do it?

Please Help

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: How Can I Achieve This Transaction???
on Jul 19, 2010 at 8:51:21 am

One possibility could be, that when you rendered it, it limits the whites to 100%. Try once to go into the Timeline Preferences (Apple + '0') and set the Render Settings to "SuperWhite". Does that change the results?

Sascha

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jul 19, 2010 at 8:54:24 am

Can you please also post a screen shot of the rendered version you did not like?

Thanx.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 19, 2010 at 1:49:15 pm

Or you could just put in 15 frames of white, and then put 10-frame dissolves on either side of it....

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
on Jul 19, 2010 at 2:06:58 pm

[Mark Suszko] "Or you could just put in 15 frames of white, and then put 10-frame dissolves on either side of it....
"

That can (basically) be achieved using a single transition called "Dip to Color Dissolve" (make the color white.)

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
on Jul 22, 2010 at 1:01:45 pm

Or a flash transition and use the transition parameters to reduce the maximum exposure...

:D
Tom Morter-Laing
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010
Production Assistant, Grace Productions
Degree; TV Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]