FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a compressed quicktime file out of final cut 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandra Hidalgo
Making a compressed quicktime file out of final cut 6
on Jul 13, 2010 at 5:07:39 pm

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and I hope you guys can help me. I have a 148 minute sequence on final cut 6 that I need to send someone so they can cut it up and put it up on youtube. I want to send them a data disk with the Quicktime file on it that they can open and work with in their editing software. However, I don't know how to do that. I know how to make a DVD with DVD Studio Pro but I don't want this to have a menu, just the Quicktime file ready to access. I tried compressing it and I got a m2v file but when it plays on the Quicktime player, it has no sound and then DVD Pro opens automatically and the sound file is there. Do you guys have any recommendations for creating a compressed, editable mov file out of a Final Cut 6 sequence? Or for how I can join the sound with the image of the one I already compressed? Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Making a compressed quicktime file out of final cut 6
on Jul 13, 2010 at 9:07:57 pm

[Alexandra Hidalgo] "ditable mov file out of a Final Cut 6 sequence"
If that is your goal you just want to export the timeline as self contained with current settings. This makes a solid movie of your timeline at the best quality. The file will be big but you need that. If you compress it and then he compresses it quality goes out the window.

One thing to watch out for, if the other person is not using FCP and you are using ProRes he will need a codec to play your movie and then he will have to transcode it to something else.

Make sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]