FORUMS: list search recent posts

live feeding Canon EOS 5D MarkII

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lionel Jacobs
live feeding Canon EOS 5D MarkII
on Jul 6, 2010 at 11:31:30 pm

Hi,

I have a problem to solve for my boss, here it is: is it possible to live feed (capture in live) images recorded from a 3 Canon 5D MarkII ?

I was thinking of plugging the three 5D we've got to an hd video mixer, then to a capture card or something...

But reality, is that I don't really now how to do it, neither do I know the decks, capture cards and whatso I should buy...

The HD workflow, would be I guess 5D-->HD video mixer--> capture card-->computer
The SD workflow would be I guess 5D-->signal converter-->SD video mixer-->computer

???

well I'm kinda lost,
HELP PLEASE!!! if it's possible, I need to know how and with which tools...

thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: live feeding Canon EOS 5D MarkII
on Jul 6, 2010 at 11:33:41 pm

Nope. 5D only sends out SD when recording

HDMI out always has overlays.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Lionel Jacobs
on Jul 7, 2010 at 10:18:26 am

ow!

so no HD output for live feed through FCP with a 5D MarkII ? that's really disappointing.

So, I need to plug all 3 5D's to an SD video mixer, then through firewire 800 to the MacPro?

If it is really impossible to live feed HD from a 5D MarkII, could tell what do I need (video mixer, VTR, video capture card, ...?) and maybe also advise me about some models of the stuff I'll need??

Thank you
Lionel

Return to posts index

Lionel Jacobs
on Jul 7, 2010 at 1:50:32 pm

what about this workflow:

three 5D MarkII-->-->datavideo SE-500 or SE-800+preview output monitor-->computer

*would that work?
*how to plug my 5D's hdmi output to the video mixer (yuv, s-video, DV25, composite)?
*how to output the video mixer's signal to the mac pro for live feeding?

thank you so much!

Lionel

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 7, 2010 at 7:04:31 pm

the recording from the HDMI will always have all the icons and info that is on the back LCD when recording, so it is at least the red record dot. At this time there is no way to record the stream outside of the camera that is usable. This is one of the shortcomings of DSLR at this time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]