FORUMS: list search recent posts

Retrieving an unsaved file?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Wolff
Retrieving an unsaved file?
on Jul 6, 2010 at 1:01:37 am

Hey guys, i am new to the forum... i recently was using Final Cut Pro for a project of videotaping baseball games. I was logging tapes... i logged the first one... and without thinking i immediately went to log the second one before i saved the first one... (yes, i realize this is a major mistake now) i left to go shoot a baseball game that night (leaving the comp. on and capturing a different tape). When i came back... Final Cut Pro had to unexpectedly shut down... and i lost the file i logged... which wouldn't have been a huge deal except i reused the tape that night figuring i was done with it (again, i realize my errors, and assume i am screwed) but i figured i would give it a shot just incase there is some place logged filed go (even when unsaved). I am assuming it is lost... and i do not need lectures on saving as now i will meticulous with my saving.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Retrieving an unsaved file?
on Jul 6, 2010 at 4:39:20 am

The video that is captured would not be gone. You just need to look in your scratch disc folder. So any footage should still be there.

FCP has an auto save (but I'm not sure that works when you are capturing. You can check the autosave folders.

You are crazy to reuse tapes. What happens if a drive goes down? If the material has any importance you need to keep the tapes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]