FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony CX-100+Final Cut Pro+13" MBP? ASAP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelton Corc
Sony CX-100+Final Cut Pro+13" MBP? ASAP
on Jul 3, 2010 at 5:08:12 am

Hey guys,

I was thinking about picking this camcorder the Sony CX-100 Camcorder and I was wondering if it would be able to go into Final Cut alright. I think it is AVC-HD so it should work, but I am running on a 2.26GHz 2GB RAM MacBook Pro 13". I snagged a deal with an ebay seller who really needs to get some cash right now and I need to get back to him within the rest of Saturday, the 3rd. My HDD is the standard 160GB 5400RPM drive, but I may be able to upgrade that soon, the big question is will it work?

Thanks,

Kelton

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Sony CX-100+Final Cut Pro+13" MBP? ASAP
on Jul 3, 2010 at 7:10:52 am

you will need to transcode the AVCHD into ProRes within FCP. You should never use your internal hard drive for media and there is not way you will not have issue with ProRes HD. You need to get a external FW drive. If you computer does not have FW you are going to be fighting using FCP the entire way.

Return to posts index

Kelton Corc
on Jul 3, 2010 at 4:15:44 pm

Ya I know the issue I'm in, I can't get a external dive right now. I know that you are not supposed edit off of your system drive, yet for the money constraints, it has to be done. Are there any beefy and good firewire 800 drives that you know of for under about 100-150?

Thanks,

Kelton

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 3, 2010 at 11:04:56 pm

First do you have FW800? Some 13" do and some don't (I think)

Yes there are good FW800 drives in the $150 range. You need 7200rpm drives and you can get portable drives up to 500GB
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/on-the-go

if you go with full size drives you can get 500GB for under !30.

No matter what your budget is you will not be able to edit ProRes HD off the internal HD. You may have a shoot on getting it to work on a FW400 or USB2 port but you will probably get a lot of dropped frames.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]